Erik Hofman wrote:
> Now that your five minutes of fame are over, I'd like to ask you to
> remove the creation of the yasim program in a default build, because
> it has a lot of dependancy problems for me (IRIX/MipsPro).
>
> First it needs all objects files from src/Main and libFlight.a from
> src/FDM but also libssg, which requires -lGL -lplubul and -lplibsg and
> so on.
>
> I'll try to see if I can illiminate most of them by only adding the
> YASim object files required by yasim-test instead of including
> libYASim as a whole.

Hrm... libYASim.a is a static library.  It doesn't (well, shouldn't)
have dependency information in it.  Some of the files reference the
rest of FlightGear, but none are linked into the yasim executable.

Are you sure about this error?  It sounds like the Irix linker is
getting itself into a weird mode.  The whole point of a static library
is that you put a bunch of code into it without regard for who needs
what and sort it all out at link time.  What does your ar command look
like to link the library?  I'm wondering if this is a bug in autoconf
or libtool on Irix.

I mostly copied this stuff from the Input directory, and don't see any
obvious differences.  The libInput files also reference the rest of
FlightGear, SimGear, plib and GL.  I'm wondering why don't you get the
same errors with js_demo and fgjs?

Certainly using only object files will work to remove the libYASim
dependencies.  But you'll also need the sgmisc, sgdebug and sgxml
libraries.  If these also have dependencies on plib or GL, then you're
still going to have the same problem with pulling in unrelated
libraries.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA