Alex Perry writes:
> > Andy Ross writes:
> > >
> > > Recent plib changes have turned the joystick routines from an inlined
> > > header file into a real library.  You need to add a -lplibjs to the
> > > _LDADD lines in src/Input/Makefile.am and src/Main/Makefile.am.
>
> Curt comments:
> > Unfortunately we can't just add -lplibjs to the _LDADD lines, this
> > will break the build for everyone with a anything earlier than this
> > week's plib cvs.  Specifically we want to be able to build with the
> > most recent official plib stable release.
>
> I'm tempted to suggest that the CVS tree of FGFS depends on the CVS of PLIB.

Then what happens when we go to release our next version.  If we can't
coerce the plib people into doing a new 'stable' release from their
cvs code on  our schedule, then we are stuck with a flightgear release
that depends on a particular plib cvs version (not necessarily the
head.)

But it is tempting ... especially when there are fixes in plib cvs
that we *need*.

Regards,