Danie Heath writes:
> Hi again ...
>
> The Binary Space Partitioning I mean is :
>
> What is the method you guys follow to subdivide the scenery, objects,
> aircraft so that you only render what you see ... Wouldn't the rendering
> be more efficient with a system like this ...

We use a scheme where we divide up the surface of the earth into
tiles.  We then render the m x n grid of tiles nearest to the viewer
that fully cover the radius of visibility.  (m and n are always odd
numbers for what it's worth.)

Here is some basic information on the coordinate systems we use:

http://www.flightgear.org/Docs/Scenery/CoordinateSystem/CoordinateSystem.html

Here is some further information on how we split up the world.  I see
that some of the information on file formats is dated, and there is a
better tutorial now for the actual scenery building process, but
section 2 will hopefully provide the details you are asking for:

http://www.flightgear.org/Docs/Scenery/SceneryGeneration/SceneryGeneration.html

Regards,