David Megginson wrote:
> configure:8649: checking for ftime
>   configure:8699: gcc-3.2 -o conftest -g -O1 -finline-limit=6
>                   -finline-functions -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/X11R6/include
>                   -L/usr/X11R6/lib conftest.c -lm -ljpeg  -lmk4 >&5
>   /usr/local/lib/libmk4.so: undefined reference to `operator new[](unsigned)'

It looks to me like a gcc invocation (as opposed to g++) is being used
to compile a C program, but linking against a C++ library (metakit).
So whatever library operator new is in isn't there.  Using gcc to
compile C++ does work, but I suspect you have to pass it a .cxx or
.cpp or .cc file to get support.

My guess is that metakit shouldn't be there.  It certainly isn't
needed to test for the presence of ftime.  Maybe it got added to the
wrong library list?

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA