Christian,

> Including images in LaTeX is no problem - that just leaves us with the
> problem how we are generating the images...

Exactly. Although the HTML converter might become a bit slow with 100+ pix.
Perhaps no serious problem.

> I'm sure that one of the Unix gurus knows a fast way to do that with a
> command line utility...

In this case I'd sure co-operate. But still: Adresses have to be maintained.

> PS: Could the math mode in LaTeX perhaps help? Or does it translate to
> an ordinary italic when the stff written in it is simple?

I tried this. It was still recognizable after conversion in the HTML. I
simply searched for my address (Ctrl-GF in IE) and it was found :-( I tried
several font changes etc. which all did not hide the address.

A clever sign for/aft the @ being invisible but masking the address might
help, too.

Regards, Michael

--