Thanks to Norman Vine and Curt!

I did not find any stray copies of either SimGear of plib. the only thing I did different in this update was to remove fgfs from FlightGear/bin before I did make and make install. The cvs update of all (plib, SimGear) was done last night and I updated FlightGear Source tonight to get rid of the compile error in ground.cxx. I seem to recall others recommending removing fgfs before recompiling.
Thanks for your help,
- Dave

PS The dc3 is still broken. When I try to start the 2nd engine, the mag switch moves, but nothing else happens.