* Curtis L. Olson -- Friday 20 December 2002 21:38:
> Melchior FRANZ writes:
> > http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a8603365/remote.html
> > (link to the script at the bottom)

Err ... as you have noticed, the link isn't at the bottom. I was
looking at an older version of that page when I wrote the message.  :-]

> It demonstrates the technique well enough to do fancier things.

What the script doesn't manage yet, is replies that consist of more
than one packet. This will probably only affect the command "ls",
while ordinary properties should work without problems. (One would
have to read all packages until EOF and merge them, to allow "ls"
queries.)

> FWIW, I'm using perl-tk to develop a remote instructor station [...]

Sounds interesting. FAA, here we come ...

m.  :-)