Erik Hofman writes:

> This is a heads up for everybody to know that I am working on the STL
> part of SimGear. Instead of using defined STL_* macros I will supply a
> bunch of header files which would, at the end, make life easier for
> everyone.
>
> I have the feeling that the MipsPro compiler < 7.3 are the only
> compilers at the  moment that relay need these ISO C++ adjustments
> anyway, so instead of using the macros it will be as easy as including
> the right ISO defined header file.
>
> This migth require a number of changes for other platforms also (I'm
> thinking MSVC here) so it might be wise not to put things is CVS just
> like that.
>
> What do you all think?

IMHO - If at all possible we don't want *more* headers to slow the already
overly long compile times :-(

Hmm... I see STLPORT supposedly supports MipsPro compilers
http://www.stlport.org/doc/platforms.html

FWIW -  STLPort definately makes it easy to write code that supports
various versions of the GNU STL and MSVC6 < ie this is transparent >
I wonder if the same thing is true for the Mips compilers :-)

Cheers

Norman