On Mon, 06 Jan 2003 11:31:46 -0800,
Andy Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> So anyway, YASim needs to model washout.  In principle, this should be
>  pretty easy.  Each wing segment (Surface object, as currently
>  implemented) gets its own orientation already.  We just need to
>  decide on a way to specify it to the solver.  Would a linear
>  interpolation between "base" and "tip" incidences work?  I don't know
>  much about washout design as implemented on typical aircraft.  A
>  fancier mechanism would allow you to specify washout as an
>  interpolated curve per-station curve along the span, but that sounds
>  like it might be overkill to me.  Does anyone have a preference?

..some planes use distinctly different airfoils, leading edge cuffs,
slots etc, to"wash out".  Some different-airfoil wings transform
gradually towards the tip, and not neccesarily in a linear fashion,
some of these can get really weird.  Start with a linear thing and drop
in all sorts of weird handles to keep us future eaa types happy.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: