Andy Ross writes:

 > I finally started playing with Blender a little last week.  It's an
 > awfully slow start, but after the first few hours you really do get
 > the hang of it.  The CVS version is building via autoconf now, by the
 > way.  I haven't looked at the code, but the build process is simple
 > and painless.

Blender has an awful lot that we don't need for building FlightGear
planes -- it's really a package for creating 3D animation -- so there
is a tendency for ones brain to give up and start flogging itself
silly at first glance.  Really, though, all you need to learn for
FlightGear is the basic mesh stuff and the UV editor.  Meshes are your
friend.

All the best,

David

--