> Has anyone got this bird airborne?  It locks up as soon as my gear lifts off
> the runway.

Yes, I've just taken one for a spin around KSFO. Is this a lockup of
FlightGear (probably meaning that you have pulled the stick so far at
a low speed as to crash the tail into the ground -- I'm guessing that
would be recognized as a crash), or a hard lockup of the X server?

It's a fast plane that needs quite a lot of airspeed to lift off, but
it also has the brakes to match. Certainly a nice one, especially with
the good animations. If only the black box played those back too!

  Andras