David Megginson writes:
> I'm thinking about moving the radio code from src/Cockpit/ to
> src/Instrumentation/ -- I chose the "instrumentation" name carefully
> to cover both gauges and avionics.  That move itself should be no
> big deal.
>
> A slightly bigger deal would be eliminating the /radios/
> property-tree branch and putting the radios under /instrumentation/,
> possibly with some slight restructuring for consistency.

David,

I can live with that ...

> That would have the
> benefits of simplifying the top level of the property tree, of
> consistency to help new users learn the property system, and of making
> life easier when I introduce a failure manager in the next couple of
> weeks.
>
> With the move, I'm also considering cleaning up the radio code a bit,
> and introducing better lags for the ADF and VOR needles (they're a
> little too snappy right now).
>
> Any comments or suggestions?

There's certainly more cleanup that could be done, but there are a lot
of complexities in there so you'll need to tread carefully.  We
definitely need better modeling of the VOR needles, especially at the
fringes of the VOR range.  Currently there is a tiny bit of breakage
with the marker beacons audio that needs to be looked at.

Regards,