Jon Berndt writes:

 > 1) The escape key used to kill flightgear. It doesn't seem to work, now. I
 > got this:
 >
 > No type specified for GUI object
 > Widget exit does not contain a proper GUI definition

Remember these two rules:

1. If you upgrade FlightGear and SimGear, then you have to upgrade the
   base package at the same time.

2. If you upgrade the base package, you have to upgrade FlightGear and
   SimGear at the same time.

 > 2) The panel takes up the whole screen. I don't know how to make see the
 > panel and the outside view. It's not intuitive at all. The Shift-P option
 > toggles, but the menu options don't seem to be helpful here, either. How
 > do I fix this?

That's deliberate -- Curt designed the panel to be displayed on a
separate monitor.

All the best,

David

--