> I couldn't find any good info on what kind of map projection
> technique to use for the ND.
> ie. mapping lat/lon to x/y-screen coord.
> I took a look at the OpenGC source,
> and as far as I understand, it uses a technique which converts
> RijksDriehoeks to Hayford.
>
> I tried to google a bit on this, but couldn't find much. Basically,
> RijksDriehoeks seems to be a technique developed specifically for the
> Netherlands...

Did a little more "research"... (blindly shooting some search requests
at google)

Something that came up was, the "Lambert Conformal Conic" Projection.

I also had the chance to ask a real airliner pilot. He said that on A340
and B744, a line on the NDs represents the shortest path between two
points, ie. a Great Circle route. He also said that on older NDs (A300
or A310, I forgot which he mentioned) the line is not a Great Circle
Route.

So, could the "Lambert Conformal Conic" be the projection I am looking for ?

Any help or pointers are appreciated.

Regards,
Manuel