Hmm, that's odd. Out of the box, the version of the Mac joystick code that is in CVS does not compile. As I reported to the plib group, if I incorporate the non-CVS versions of jsMacOSX.cxx and js.h, I get the following errors in the FlightGear joystick code:

ld: Undefined symbols:
jsJoystick::read(int*, float*)
_CFArrayApplyFunction
_CFArrayGetCount
_CFArrayGetTypeID
_CFDictionaryGetTypeID
_CFDictionaryGetValue
_CFGetTypeID
_CFNumberGetValue
_CFRelease
_CFStringGetCString
_CFStringGetSystemEncoding
_CFUUIDGetConstantUUIDWithBytes
_CFUUIDGetUUIDBytes
_IOCreatePlugInInterfaceForService
_IOIteratorNext
_IOIteratorReset
_IOMasterPort
_IOObjectRelease
_IORegistryEntryCreateCFProperties
_IOServiceGetMatchingServices
_IOServiceMatching
___CFStringMakeConstantString
_kCFAllocatorDefault

I've been trying to help David Drum get his FlightGear to build and he discovered that adding -framework Carbon to the Makefile reduces the link errors down to

ld: /Users/david/FlightGear/FlightGear-CVS/lib/libplibjs.a(jsMacOSX.o) illegal reference to symbol: _IOCreatePlugInInterfaceForService defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit

If I restore the plib code back to 1.6, then I can finally get a link. Since I don't use a joystick, that works for me.

Jonathan Polley