I've added support for wing twist to YASim.  The twist allows you to
model washout during a stall, so that every stall doesn't result in a
violent spin.  YASim also has an undocumented "incidence" property for
wings (in non-aerobatic planes, wings are not usually perfectly level
with the fuselage), which I've taken advantage of.  Give the J3 Cub a
spin with the latest CVS code and base package, and you should find
its low-speed characteristics much more docile (as an added bonus, it
swerves less when the nose comes up on the takeoff roll, but I'm not
sure why).

The J3 Cub now has a steerable tailwheel as well.

  fgfs --aircraft=j3cub

All the best,

David

--