At 2/21/03, Paul D. wrote:
Michael

I was interested in finding one for the twin-otter, just curious how you went about finding these?
A Twin Otter model is here:
http://home.t-online.de/home/Wolfram.Kuss/FGFS1/FGFS1.htm
This is the one we use w/ our icing work.

To find potential GNU GPL models, I started by going to www.flightsim.com. I then searched for things like "public domain" and "MSFS 2000". That gave me several leads. I contacted the authors of ones that stood out and asked if they would release them under GNU GPL. Those that said "yes" (~~70% did) let all their models go under GNU GPL.

The basic models w/o animation work fine (what's seen on the web page), but sometimes the flaps are down or something like that. Trying to get these properly animated will be an exercise from what I've read on the fgfs mailing lists.

Ref
http://www.aae.uiuc.edu/m-selig/apasim/fgfs-models.html

Regards,
Michael

Prof. Michael S. Selig
Dept. of Aero/Astro Engineering
306 Talbot Laboratory
104 South Wright Street
Urbana, IL 61801-2935
(217) 244-5757 (o), (509) 691-1373 (fax)
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/m-selig
http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/m-selig/faq.html (FAQ)