There is one old program called Digital DATCOM, but it is hard to come by, and it is not easy to define an aircraft for this software. However, you can find equations to estimate the aero coefficients in many aero books. Also, if you go to the NASA Langley and NASA Dryden Flight Research Center web sites you can use their Technical Report Server to find technical reports that contain the aero coefficients for various aircraft. You might look online at Amazon.com and look up the book "Aerodynamics, Aeronautics, and Flight Mechanics", by Barnes W. McCormick.

Jon
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Mehmet Velicangil
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 1:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Flightgear-devel] configuration files.

Do you use any program to calculate the coefficients of rolling, pitching,yawing moments and the drag, lift and sideforce coefficients. The conf file of Cessna seemed so complete containing all of those coefficients. I am trying to change the aircraft properties for different types of airplanes to observe and understand flight dynamics better that would help me in collage but I couldn't find any program to calculate those coefficients. I heard x-plane which calculates some properties but I couldn't figure out their configuration files.