Jon S Berndt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> In my quick viewing of the AC3D documents this morning I
> thought I had seen that AC3D could create a surface given
> "formers" placed appropriately. This would be very useful
> if one has cross sections of a vehicle. Have you tried
> this feature?

Yes, and I prefer the other method I described.  Starting with an
elipse or polyline and extruding it, each segment border becomes the
equivelant of the "former".  Either way works well though.

> I was also impressed that it would let you
> place 3View images in the background, to trace the
> planform.

That makes a big difference.  It is a little bit of a pain that you have to
load and position the 3View every time you start the program.  Sometimes I crop
them in gimp so they'll position correctly in ac3d without adjustment (or you
have to load _and_ reaadjust them every time you start ac3d).

You can adjust the background using alt+arrows to move it around and
alt+shift+arrows to zoom it in and out.

Best,

Jim