David Megginson wrote:
Curtis L. Olson writes:

 > The F-16 flies really well (not that I know what an F-16 is supposed
 > to fly like.)  Ground handling (especially braking) needs some work,
 > but it's coming along very nicely.

I don't know -- it seems pretty touchy.  You come in just a few
hundred knots too high and the flare lasts forever.

There are definatelly still some problems with the F-16.
The problem with a plane like the F-16 is the fact that every momentum generetad by the FDM should be made undone by the fligth computer (with a lag end based on the history of motion). Which isn't implemented yet.

That, and the fact that the CG is too far back for human handling (you need to adjust the elevator continouously), *and* the fact that the leading and trailing edge flaps aren't implemented at this moment make it fly a bit itchy.

But I'm working on it whenever I can.

Erik