Here are the files needed to upgrade the base package, FlightGear, and JSBSim,
to use the newly-organized FGControls module:

in FlightGear:

Controls/
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/controls.hxx
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/controls.cxx

Autopilot/
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/newauto.cxx

Input/
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/fgjs.cxx

FDM/JSBSim/
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/JSBSim.cxx

In the base package:

http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/keyboard.xml
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/mice.xml
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/preferences.xml

Input/Joysticks/CH/
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/pro-pedals-usb.xml
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/pro-yoke-usb.xml

Input/Joysticks/Default/
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/joystick.xml

Input/Joysticks/Logitech/
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/wingman-extreme-digital-3d-win.xml
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/wingman-extreme-digital-3d.xml
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/wingman-force.xml
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/wingman-rumblepad-usb.xml

Input/Joysticks/Microsoft/
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/sidewinder-force-feed.xml
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/sidewinder-precision-pro.xml

Input/Joysticks/Saitek/
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/Cyborg-Gold-3d-USB.xml
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/X45.xml
http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/X8-30.xml

I haven't looked into the integration issues for the other FDM's, and wasn't
planning to, hoping others more savvy with those FDM's could help with that.

The property names used in some instrument configs will have to change too:
Old Style  ( New Style )

/controls/aileron        ( /controls/flight/aileron )
/controls/flaps           ( /controls/flight/flaps )
/controls/throttle[0]    ( /controls/engines/engine[0]/throttle )
/controls/brakes[0]    ( /controls/gear/wheel[0]/brake )
/controls/gear-down  ( /controls/gear/gear-down )

...etc, (see controls.hxx for the complete layout)

I've been running FlightGear with the new FGControls module for about a week
now with my JSBSim aircraft, and all is going well.  With respect for some
anti-militarism sentiments in our community I've commented-out the armament
controls in controls.hxx and controls.cxx so they won't appear in the
property tree unless you want them to.

Would any one of the primary developers care to take over from here?

Thanks,
Dave Culp