I am very happy that we are reorganizing the mess under /controls, but
unfortunately, we've landed in a bit of a deeper mess that will need
some fixing.  The changes just committed for the base package are
extremely incomplete: many of the YASim flight models under
Aircraft-yasim/ and many of the joystick config files have not been
updated.

Some users won't be able to fly anything, while others will not be
able to fly specific planes (like the DC-3 or the J3 Cub).

Erik checked in the patches, but I don't remember who contributed
them; we'll need to either roll them back out or (preferably) hunt
down all of the problems.  Here's an easy way to start:

  cd $FG_ROOT
  find . -name '*.xml' -print | xargs grep /controls/throttle
  find . -name '*.xml' -print | xargs grep /controls/elevator
  find . -name '*.xml' -print | xargs grep /controls/aileron
  find . -name '*.xml' -print | xargs grep /controls/mixture

and so on.  I find 62 references to /controls/throttle alone.

I am willing to help.

All the best,

David

--