Norman Vine writes:
> > Are you sure that's true?
>
> Yes !
>
> > The event queue still needs to check every
> > event every iteration to see if anything is ready to run ...
>
> Not if the event queue is ordered by next run time !
>
> All you have todo is process those items whose time stamp
> is less then when the queue traversal began and be sure that the
> queue remains ordered.

What you describe would be an interesting/good way to impliment an
event queue, but I believe the FlightGear event queue updates the time
for each item, and then finds the one that is most ready to run (in
other words, finds the most overdue event of all the runable events)
and runs it.

Regards,

Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org