Hi guys,

Just been playing around with flying out of different airports around
Australia, and found some funny behaviour. Started out of hobart (YMHB), then
reset to Sydney (YSSY) with an altitude of 5000'. Even though ive unzipped
the scenery for this area, it doesnt appear to be present.

The strange bit is that the artificial horizon is always wrong by about 20
degrees. It behaves correctly during turns, climbs etc, but it seems that the
offset is always wrong by 20 degrees! I have tried this several times, and
get the same behavior. Sometimes it is off to the left, and sometimes to the
right.

I know that the gyros will topple, especially since the plane starts out at
funny attitudes. Once the engine is started, the gyros appear to reset since
it then works again.

Is there any way to recage the gyros once at a level attitude to check this?
I got a few screenshots at
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~tjelliffe/Flightgear_error.html

Maybe this is normal behavior for an AH.....

Tim J