> It looks like all you need to do is go into the SimGear/simgear/scene/sky
> directory and uncomment the "SUBDIR" line in the Makefile.am file.  This is
> the way building the 3d clouds was disabled in the last release.  Other
> than that, I'm not exactly sure how well they are working.

Thanks.

I also had to edit the configure.ac file.
I added this entry to the AC_CONFIG_FILES  part:
        simgear/scene/sky/clouds3d/Makefile \

And i also uncommented in the Doxyfile file the entry:
  EXCLUDE                = simgear/scene/sky/clouds3d

After that ./configure worked without errors.
But when starting make i get this error:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../../simgear -I../../../..
-I/usr/X11R6/include  -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -c -o SkyArchive.o `test -f
SkyArchive.cpp || echo './'`SkyArchive.cpp
SkyArchive.cpp: In method `SKYRESULT SkyArchive::FindFloat64(const char *,
double *, unsigned int = 0) const':
SkyArchive.cpp:633: implicit declaration of function `int
ulEndianLittleDouble(...)'
SkyArchive.cpp: In method `SKYRESULT SkyArchive::MakeEmpty()':
SkyArchive.cpp:930: warning: `void *' is not a pointer-to-object type
SkyArchive.cpp: In method `SKYRESULT SkyArchive::_Load(FILE *)':
SkyArchive.cpp:1207: warning: `void *' is not a pointer-to-object type
make[5]: *** [SkyArchive.o] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory
`/home/oliver/x/src/simgear-cvs/SimGear/simgear/scene/sky/clouds3d'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/oliver/x/src/simgear-cvs/SimGear/simgear/scene/sky'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/oliver/x/src/simgear-cvs/SimGear/simgear/scene'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/oliver/x/src/simgear-cvs/SimGear/simgear'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/oliver/x/src/simgear-cvs/SimGear/simgear'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

> They need more work, the most significant step would be moving the
> rendering over to a plib scene graph.
When the clouds worked, what was wrong with them, what kind of more work?

> BTW if you are reading about Open GL, you might find plib interesting.  It
> can save a lot of programming time, not to mention it provides a 3D
> application framework (which FlightGear is using).  You may find it useful
> to work at learning the plib API and then eventually digging deeper to
> understand the underling Open GL work.
Thanks for the hint i will start with plib when i am finished with the book.
:)

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.