Lee Elliott wrote:
> > There is nowhere obvious to put this right now, but if anyone is
> > interested, I'll be happy to send the appropriate files privately. It
> > will work best with the w080n40 scenery at
> >
> > http://www.randdtechnologies.com/fgfs/newScenery/world-scenery.html
>
> Perhaps we need a directory in Scenery that can be scanned for world landmarks
> like this. Could the model and location data be defined in an xml file?
> Would it be possible to animate them? (thinking rotating restaurants and
> swing bridges here).

Yes, we need a repository that must be different than the base package.
I am thinking of creating one in the fgsd project on SourceForge if this
can't be done on cvs.flightgear.org

I just need to get my ADSL line back and my computer plugged again as
I am moving to another home.

If this idea gets enough support, we will try to setup the right structure in
order to include these buildings and landmarks in future scenery.

-Fred