Allan West writes:

> I've got the latest CVS version - well as of 10am BST today.
> I've successfully compiled FG 0.9.2 and it's dependants.
>
> However when I come to compiling the CVS version I get errors with respect
> to the max() function use from the UIUC source files (that's what I can make
> out).
>
> I'm using gcc under cygwin on windows 2000 SP4 on an Athlon XP1800+.

> Here is the UIUC section of the build in full:

Hi Allan,
FWIW You are much more likely to get help if you only include that necessary
to see your problem.

> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/source/FGCVS/source/src/FDM/LaRCsim'
> Making all in UIUCModel
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/usr/local/source/FGCVS/source/src/FDM/UIUCModel'
> if
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../src/Include -I../../.. -I../../../src
>  -I/usr/X11R6/include

You shouldn't be getting -I./usr/XIIR6/include on the compile line

Do you perchance have the Cygwin XServer installed

If so see
http://seneca.me.umn.edu/pipermail/flightgear-devel/2003-August/020108.html

> /usr/include/c++/3.2/limits:942: parse error before `throw'
> /usr/include/c++/3.2/limits:943:22: macro "max" requires 2 arguments, but
> only 1  given

This error comes from a <windows.h> and gnu STL header clash
where either all of the STL headers must be include either before or
after <windows.h> to avoid this clash or to #define NOMINMAX

Powers tobe have tried to squash it by having the autoconfig mechanism
#define NOMINMAX in the FGFS config.h file

My guess is that the FGFS "config.h" is not be be being included in a file

Some previous discussion on this issue in this thread
http://www.menet.umn.edu/~curt/lists/fgfs/archive-200212/msg00050.html

HTH

Norman