David Megginson writes:
> When we were climbing out from Toronto/City Centre (CYTZ) on Sunday, a
> WWII Lancaster bomber passed 500 feet above us.  I just discovered
> today that my ten-year-old daughter snapped two pictures of it passing
> over us, without telephoto (to give an idea of distances):
>
>   http://www.megginson.com/private/lancaster-01.jpg
>   http://www.megginson.com/private/lancaster-02.jpg

Now there's a kid who's got a good knack for the important things in
life. :-)

A Lancaster visited my local airport a couple years ago.  With the
(something like) 16 engines and 128 counter rotating props, it sounds
like a complete squandron all by itself.

If you ever get a chance, go stand next to the main wheels.  They are
*huge*.  The Lancaster is an awsome piece of machinery.

Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org