Mally <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Anyone using Outlook Express should ensure that they are using the latest
> version, Outlook Express 6, and that they have the appropriate options set in
> the Security, Send and Receive tabs of the Tools, Options... dialog.
>
> Outlook (a different program), remains insecure as far as I know - I no longer
> need to use it for work, so I am out of touch with it's current status.

The options shouldn't be there.   The whole idea of a mime-type (or file
extension type) support in an email attachment, that comes to the user from
outside, containing executable code or script that has full access to the
system, which is either either launched automatically or clicked by the user,
 is, in a word, _ridiculous_.  Microsoft has been backpedaling on this for
years now, trying to fix the problem by various means.

Best,

Jim