My apologies, I can't answer this.  Somehow it doesn't appear that the Flying
Fortress screenshots look any more natural than ours.  The shots seem to have
a sort of "oil painting" look to them.

Not to say that we couldn't improve ground detail!  Can you tell us more about
what we are looking at?  Is shot #2 just a texture (with static shadows) or is
it 3D models/scene with shadows that move with the time of day.  How much
total area is covered with that level of detail?

The sky is fairly unremarkable compared to ours.  But the ground lighting is
really neat.  I wonder if we could somehow come up with a scheme to mirror a
grey alpha shadow version of the cloud textures just above the ground polys to
get something similar.

Best,

Jim