On Wednesday 03 September 2003 14:26, Martin Spott wrote:
> Martin Spott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > "Curtis L. Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Should now be fixed in cvs, sorry about that ...
>
> > Thanks - works,
>
> I have something more that's strange with the XF-23: Brakes ,/. don't work,
> parking brake B does not work, speed brake Ctrl-b does not work, flaps [/]
> don't respond. Things are o.k. with the default C-172. Can anyone confirm ?
>
> Martin.
> --
>  Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just selective about who its friends are !

I'm afraid there're still some problems with the model and it's animation file
but that shouldn't be causing any problems with the controls you're referring
to.

However, as far as I'm aware, the brakes should be controled with the 'b' key
and I could find no mapping for the '/' key in the current keyboard.xml
keyboard mapping file.

I've no explanation for the problems with the parking-brake and the flaps - I
use the same keys here for those and they seem fine.

When you've loaded up fgfs with the yf23, use the property browser to check if
the controls are functioning.  For the flaps look in

/controls/flight

and try changing the flap settings using the '[' and ']' keys.  Does the
'flaps[0]' entry change in steps of 0.25?

Next, have a look at the '/surface-positions/' branch of the tree and check if
the 'left-flap-pos-norm[0]' and 'right-flap-pos-norm[0]' entries change as
you hit the '[' and ']' keys.

The 'parking-brake[0]' entry is in /controls/gear/ and should toggle between
0.0 and 1.0 as you hit 'Shift-b'.

What do you get when you check these things?

LeeE