the more I think about it, the more I like this new feature. I know it's non-realistic, but it's fun! Why not fly underneath the ground. Sometimes the shortest path is thru a mountain (euclidean geometry 2D vs. reimanian (sp?)spherical? Maybe as an option for those of us (ahem) who are still getting the landing thing worked out?

Arnt wrote:

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 13:27:43 -0400,
Ima Sudonim < ima.sudonim at verizon.net > wrote in message
< 96D4E014-E158-11D7-A2A4-00039398B344 at verizon.net >:

>> I was flying with the fokker50 around dc. I attempted to land when >suddenly I was underground and still flying. (The buildings where >visible above me, the hud altitude info between -600 and -200 >depending). I have a ppm file showing a screenshot, but it's 1.4 mb. ..

>mail it to me off-list. Curiosity. ;-)
Done, btw the screenshot doesn't show long/lat or altitude from the hud. Not sure why... Mac os x.2, plib/flightgear/simgear from 3PM GMT today (Sunday 9/7/2003).

Thanks!

Ima