Norman Vine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Norman Vine wrote:
>
> > Erik Hofman writes:
> >
> > > This functionality has been removed about three months ago.
> > > It is no longer possible to use the scenery without textures.
> >

> > If there was some discussion as to dropping this basic support could
> > someone pont me to it please.
>
> OK the last discussion I see about this is on
> Tue Jun 24 10:19:05 CDT 2003
>
> http://baron.me.umn.edu/pipermail/flightgear-devel/2003-June/018316.html
>
> """
> The wireframe mode got broke somewhere along the way, but I fixed it
> recently.  I haven't tried lately to see if it's broke again, but last
> I checked it did work.  It can be useful for debugging your
> models/terrain because it will show you the exact triangle layout ...
> """
>
> I am still searching for where it was decided that this useful functionality
> was to be removed

Wireframe mode works,  it's the turning the textures on and off that no longer
works.  Maybe we should remap F9 to switch wireframe on and off?  Do
we need to be able to render geometry without the textures?

As far as shading is concerned, the scenery is always flat shaded and the
models are always smooth shaded.

Best,

Jim