On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Julian Foad wrote:

> It seems *awfully* redundant given that there is already the Id *and*
> the geographical location.  I have difficulty imagining that a high
> enough proportion of these will be determined and maintained to make it
> worthwhile.  I do see why you want it though, and agree it would be nice
> to be able to get a list of airports in "my" region, by name of region
> rather than by lat/lon.

It's awfully time consuming to determine the continents on the fly though,
rather than simply searching for a particular key.

> Yep, lovely.  Those two look good to me.

The problem there is that we don't need to keep a list of windsock
locations in RAM all the time. *YES* we need the data - I'm just not
convinced that that's the place to put it.

--
Jon Stockill