James A. Treacy writes:
> This is one of the reasons that relative links are a good idea. As a
> made up example, a link from http://gnucash.org/en/contribute.phtml to
> http://gnucash.org/pub/gnucash/sources/stable/ should use
>
> As an aside, it is a good idea to include the final slash when linking
> a directory. It removes the need for a redirect.

The difficulty for us is that our web and ftp trees are on separate
machines.  They aren't even on the same server.  Our ftp tree is about
13Gb, our web site is about 100Mb.  If we merged all the ftp data in
with the web site, we'd kill all our mirrors.  I strongly suspect that
gnucash can get away with their scheme because their disk space usage
is ****far**** less than ours.

Regards,

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org