> I would like to request your ideas and wishes for an aircraft AI scripting
> language sufficiently generic in scope to handle piloting any aircraft
> running on FG.

My generalized AI airplanes were originally going to be defined in
preferences.xml (like the ai-tanker), something like this for each instance
desired:

<ai-plane>
  <type>prop-transport</type>
  <model>Aircraft/DC6/Models/DC6-model.xml</model>
  <start-time>2.00</start-time>
  <script>Scripts/ai_script01.xml</script>
</ai-plane>

The above would instantiate the plane (or truck, boat), assign it a visual
model, indicate how many minutes into the sim session it should appear, and
indicate the path to this object's script.  The script would look like:

<script>

  <entry>
    <on>
      <type>elapsed-time</type>
      <value>0.50</value>
    </on>
    <lat>35.35628</lat>
    <lon>125.573899</lon>
    <elev>369.5</elev>
    <heading>350.0</heading>
  </entry>

  <entry>
    <on>
      <type>message</type>
      <value>takeoff-you-hoser</value>
    </on>
    <task>
      <type>takeoff</type>
      <altitude>5000.0</altitude>
    </task>
  </entry>

....... and so forth.

The "waypoints" could be triggered by elapsed time, UTC time, reaching a
waypoint, or message.  The details of the takeoff would be handled by the
FDM, knowing what speeds and climb rate are suitable for a "prop-transport".

Dave