Jonathan Polley writes:

> I have a need to develop a simulation of a terrain following system.  The system is
> presented a flight corridor (start
> point, end point, and corridor width) and need to return the location, and
> elivation,  of the highest point in that
> corridor.

Hi Jonathan

I really can't think of an easily implementable mechanism for doing
this in FlightGear. However I guess one could do a top down 'rendering'
similar to what Atlas does keeping tack of maximum value seen inside
of the corridor.

If you are happy getting an answer back via a network request from a
propriatary system give me shout off list.

I just happened to have implemented almost an identical system for marine
use with sounding data for water depth several years ago that is *very* quick,
but it is not Open Source.

Norman