On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:49:58 -0500
 David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Andy Ross wrote:

1. The default log level is now FG_ALERT, or at least, it's supposed
 to be (though some FG_WARN messages inexplicably still get
 through).

What about the presumptively "useful" stuff like the JSBSim touchdown report or YASim solution data? Would it be a good idea to split out the "stuff that we actually want to display to the user under normal conditions" into a separate stream, rather than overloading the concept of "error importance" to do this?

Or perhaps we could link it to a command ("fdm-report") or something similar. In JSBSim, I think, it's a function that's called explicitly by JSBSim.cxx. Perhaps the other FDM's could add a reporting facility the same way.

First of all, yes, David M. I agree this was a good idea. It was something I recall I was supposed to have done a while back. The "philosophy" is one I agree with, but as a developer and with JSBSim in constant development, I'll probably set my environment variable here to always show the stuff, anyhow.

As far as the takeoff/landing reports, this is something I've given some thought to for a while. You might know about the Message setup we have in JSBSim. We could probably work it so that instead of giving console output for the takeoff/landing reports (or anything else that is meant as a user-readable notification), we could instead send a text message to our FGInterface (in our case, FGJSBSim ??) and make that text available for the user. I expect they would hit "Pause", and select a menu option: "Performance Report", or "Takeoff Report", etc.

Jon