Am Sonntag, 19. Oktober 2003 05:10 schrieb Jim Wilson:
> Finally I've made some overdue updates to the model howto documentation.
> The new additions are the simplified animation axis property method and the
> texture animations.  Also I noticed the interpolation tables were not
> included yet, so that has been added too.
>
> The file is here:
> http://www.spiderbark.com/fgfs/fgfs-model-howto.html
>
> The changes were based on the current CVS Docs directory version.  Please
> have a look and see if there is anything missing or poorly described.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Oh no, i just read two hours ago the old fgfs-model-howto which is still
available on the flightgear website. Too bad! :(

And now i found your message in the flightgear-defel archive about a new one,
when i was searching in the devel archives for some info about
a 3d editor that can open ac3d files.

Looks like i have to read the howto again, this time the new one.
That's bad luck. ;)

BTW:

The 3d editor PPE (Pretty Poly Editor) that was mentioned in the old
fgfs-model-howto
seems to be discontinued, the last stable version is not available (dead link)
and the cvs version doesn't compile.
So now i am looking for another 3d editor to test what i have read in the
fgfs-model-howto.
I downloaded Blender 2.30,  but this version has no ac3d file support.
It seems that ac3d file support is still a missing feature in Blender and on
the Todo list.
Do you know any other free 3d editors that can read ac3d files?

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.