Ilja wrote:
> 1.  The trim wheel looks in AC3D like this [...] is just an ugly
>     object: [...] The orange mixture stick doesn't look correct too.

Off hand, it looks to me like the normals are wrong.  The bright white
vertices usually result from a normal being far too large.  AC3D has
been known to generate some very strange geometry in the past, and
it's possible that it is confusing plib's normal calculation.  Try to
look through the file and verify that you don't have any degenerate
triangles, etc...

Or, if you are feeling adventurous, try my plib patch which replaces
the normal calculation step with a smarter one that understands the
difference between smooth and sharp edges:

http://www.plausible.org/vertsplit/vertsplit2.tar.gz

  (Make sure you are using the CVS version of plib, dump all the files
   in the tarball into src/ssg, then rebuild plib and FlightGear).

The two implementations share no code, so if the problem persists with
the patch, the bug is almost certainly in your model file.

> 2. The instrument panel shines through the fuselage: [...] but the dc3
>    model is not alone there, when you look at other aircrafts with 2d
>    panels, you can find the same bug (or feature?). So I took
>    screenshots from c172, a4 and c310u3a.

This is a known issue that gets reported from time to time.  The 2D
panels use a depth buffer offset to draw the layers, and it ends up
being too coarse on 16 bit depth buffers.  Try setting your screen
depth to 24bpp and see if that fixes the issue.

> It seems to depend on models' surfaces, but what can you see in
> FlightGear v. 9.2?  [...]  There is no bug!

Are you sure you didn't change your display settings and/or take the
screenshots on a different machines?

Andy