Jim Wilson wrote:
> This works nicely, but I don't think you need to have a lower limit
> on the FOV (or it should be very low).

Actually, the lower limit is the coolest part: it matches typical
visual accuity, and is tuned to the actual pixel resolution.  When you
zoom in to the maximum, you're seeing as well as an actual pilot would
be.  There is, IMHO, a strong realism justification for this.  Imagine
shooting a carrier approach and zooming in to see the meatball
(without exception, ever carrier landing simulator I've seen has had
to hack around the fact that you can't see the meatball with
sufficient resolution on computer displays).

Maybe we could predicate it on a "/views/current-view/limit-fov"
property, or turn it off for views other than the cockpit view.  All
of that would be trivial; just put the appropriate if() in the
view.nas script.

Andy