Jon Stockill wrote:
The cadets of 127sqn ATC have decided they want to build themselves a
flight sim, as I'm an instructor there, and they know of my involvement
with flightgear the task has naturally fallen to me to help. I thought
people may be interested in the basic cockpit structure that we're using -
it's documented on this site:

I'm planning on adding some rudder pedals using Alan King's design. It'll
have to be a side stick using a standard joystick for now, but ultimately
it'd be nice to get a proper floor mounted stick in there.

?? This puzzles me, what type of aircraft are you planning to simulate? It's and F-16 cockpit (which obviously needs a side stick).

Erik