On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:39:23 -0600, David Culp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks Curt, Jeff, Norman and Wendell for the slick new autopilot system.
I've been playing with it, trying to adapt the generic autopilot to the 737.

I see that I can set the autopilot to use actual mag heading, rather than DG
heading, by setting "autopilot/config/indicated-heading-magnetic" to true.
I wasn't able to get it to work until I changed a line in xmlauto.cxx, where
the heading error is calculated. The current code finds the error by
comparing the target heading with the DG heading. I changed line 630 to use
the property "/orientation/heading-magnetic-deg" instead, and now it works
fine.

So, it appears that newauto.cxx allows for the heading source to be selected,
but FGXMLAutopilot::update_helper() has it hard-wired to the DG.

Or, very likely, I missed something obvious.

The obvious thing you missed is the fact that newauto.cxx is no longer used, it has been removed from the makefile. So many of the properties under "/autopilot/config/" do no longer apply.

--
Roy Vegard Ovesen