kreuzritter wrote:
There was a discussion in August 2003 about
switching from Glut to SDL+OpenGL, what is
the current status about this discussion?
Are any decisions made so far?

The dependencies of GLUT have been removed wherever possible. There are a few remaining areas but the fact that plib is taking SDL (next to GLUT) serious the last week probably means we can switch to SDL very soon (provided we all want that).

BTW: In the discussion there was also mentioned OpenAL to use
OpenAL for the sound, what is the status about using OpenAL in FSFG?

Forget about OpenAL. It unsupported only on Creative hardware and for me the project is of very little interest now (after Loki went down).

Erik