kreuzritter wrote:

Upgrade: And how to simplify it and integrate it nicly into flightgear so that it is still fast enough.
I also gave up the idea of limiting the number of wing sections to only 4, imho this should depend on the type of airplane, so i thought about
a dynamic range of wing sections that can be adjusted to the type of airplane.

I think the tweening support should be added for this. Then you would have as many wing sections as you define in the 3d model.

You would basically have two different version of the same object bot defined at their maximum and the tweening code will take care of the rest.

I think the tweening code will be fast enough.

To be prepared for the future you could already add three versions of the wing: a max positive and max negative bend version which should be turned off in the animations file for now, and a normal version which should be turned off when tweening is implemented.

I haven't looked at tweening yet, but since plib already supports it, implementing it into the SimGear animation code would probably be not much of a problem.

Erik