Curtis L. Olson wrote:
Martin Spott wrote:

Wouldn't it make sense to put it into a separate thread - similar to
the preloading of scenery chunks ?

Yup, that and making smooth transitions when the weather does change would be the next two logical steps in the process.

A shorter HTTP time-out would be nice also. With a once a minute update schedule we can easily lose one or two updates, but waiting up to 10 seconds before noticing the aircraft already hit the ground is sort of annoying.

I see that's an easy fix; line 161 of SimGear/simgear/environment/metar.cxx

But it's already too late form me to fix that.

Erik