David Megginson wrote:
Curtis L. Olson wrote:

I'm Flying along at 3500' doing about 115 kias. There's a scattered cloud layer about 800' below me, however, it is outrunning me in the same direction I'm going. This amount of cloud movement can't be right, so I assert there is a bug in the cloud movement code somewhere. Just for what it's worth, or if you get a chance to look into it. If you need further info, let me know.

Given that you're so close to the clouds, you're probably in the same wind. If the clouds are outrunning you, then you have a negative airspeed (!!!).

You must be a mathematician. :-)

A biologist, a physicist and a mathematician were sitting in a street cafe watching the crowd. Across the street they saw a man and a woman entering a building. Ten minutes they reappeared together with a third person.
- They have multiplied, said the biologist.
- Oh no, an error in measurement, the physicist sighed.
- If exactly one person enters the building now, it will be empty again, the mathematician concluded.

(Taken from http://www.math.utah.edu/~cherk/mathjokes.html)

Curtis Olson   Intelligent Vehicles Lab         FlightGear Project