Two general application / programming / automation questions:

1) Image conversion

Is ayone aware of a program that does on-the-fly image conversion that will run under Cygwin from the command line? Specifically, what I am looking for is a program that will take a specified-resolution image from a Kodak photo-CD format file (.pcd) and convert it to a .png file. That's the most basic requirement. I might want to do other stuff, as well such as resizing, etc.

2) Socket applications

Does anyone know of a program/utility thingie that can be assigned to listen to a port and simply spit out whatever comes across? JSBSim has a socket capability and I wanted to play with that some more (after a long hiatus). A command line application would be fine. Anything would be fine. I just want to see what's coming over the wire.

Jon