Melchior FRANZ wrote:
* Andy Ross -- Tuesday 27 April 2004 17:23:

Melchior FRANZ wrote:

<axis n="2" windows="3">

This is syntactically cleaner, but the code changes required are severe. XML Attributes in property files are interpreted only by the SimGear property parser, they aren't available in the resulting property tree.

They don't need to be in the property tree: if there is a windows attribute and fgfs is running on Windows, then don't store the axis definition for axis 2 but for axis 3 *while parsing*. Why would we want to access this information later on? (Do I misunderstand something? I admit that I don't understand all the XML parser implications.)

Right now code other than SimGear's property I/O code can access the attributes. To get this working I need to access them in FlightGear, but every(?) attribute other than "n=" is disregarded...

Erik