Jim Wilson wrote:

That reminds me...it appears that there are no "releases" so to speak of
openal. I could only find cvs. Anyone know more about this? Will this be an
issue for our *nix users or do the latest distros all include some form of openal?

I was a little dismayed to discover this too. I think the distros tend to just release a cvs snapshot can call it something like libopenal-2003020200 for the YYYYMMDDHH they did the check out. OpenAL definitely has some "management" annoyances. Other gripes are changes in the API between, uhhh, "versions", and unexplainable API differences between platforms.

But, it's got a lot to offer at the same time so I still think it's worth using.

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d